Protestors target Hong Kong metro in arson attack
Protestors in Hong Kong targeted the city's metro system on Sunday, going on an arson spree in the Wan Chai district.
The mobs resorted to this vandalism a week ago by setting ablaze a Central MTR station exit and causing extensive damage to numerous MTR stations.
Repairs for the damage stood at HK$10 million. In the past two weeks alone, about 90 stations were vandalized.
Senior government officials and MTR management condemned the attack on the city's metro system that serves millions of people on a daily basis.
- Children take part in activities for National Science Day
- Hong Kong officials promise more actions to improve livelihoods for citizens
- Protestors continue violence in Hong Kong
- China sees 105 m tourists during Mid-Autumn Festival holiday
- Xi's special envoy meets with Zimbabwean President
- Protestors target Hong Kong metro in arson attack